♣ startling with each step : 步步惊心♣


this is my recent obsession.
This is a chinese drama, that is recently has been enonmoursly popular in China.

Summary:
Through a car accident, Zhang Xiao traveled back in time into a body of one of her previous reincarnations, a 16 years old aristocratic Manchu girl, Maertai Ruoxi, living in the Qing Dynasty. Although she knows she should not get involved in palace intrigues over the succession to the throne, she inadvertently becomes a pawn in the struggle, because she could not help but love someone, and others came to love her
 
Credit
side note: This story started as an internet novel, which caught the attention of many fans and has been turned into a novel.

Impressions: 
1.
Honestly, I didn't have much of first impression. I just thought it was quite refreshing reminded me of the Princess Pearl ( the orignal version, not the  remade version). The main character had guts and she is pretty sassy.  This one fact, made me watch further into the show.
2.
This is a Harem story revoling around this girl.
however, I'm usually someone who is not into harem type stories. I always find the girl too annoying and she never really ends up with the guy i like, therefore, never really liked Harem stories.
However,  this is one is slightly different.
It is a Harem but it isn't yet same time.
or maybe is it because she is getting together with guy I like?
well, anyways she does have many relationship with all the princes in the story, but it mostly revolve around her and  4th prince ( who is like ice block). 

3.
The photography is gorgeous.

Main character with 8th prince. 
the main character. 

I seriously love the scene, where she is in the snow.

Music:
I love three main theme songs in the drama as well.

Opening: 




This video has all song in one video.
I love the second song which is sang by the main character.
the lyrics is perfect for the drama.
I will do a rough translation.

等你的季节 - 刘诗诗(season of waiting for you )

等夏天等秋天
(waiting for  fall )
等下个季节
(waiting for the next season)
要等到月亮变全
(Until the moon complete it's cycle)
你才会回到我身边
(maybe then, you will come back to my side)
要不要再见面
( should we meet again?)
没办法还是想念
(no choice, I'm stilling pending for you)
突然想看你的脸
(suddenly, I want to see your face)
熟悉的感觉
(a sense of familiarity)

不牵手也可以漫步风霜雨雪
( it is okay, we don't hold hands, let's just walk through the snow)
不能相见也要朝思暮念
(it is okay, if we don't see each other, but at least we should think about each other)
只想让你知道
(I just want you to know )
我真的很好
(I'm doing really well)
爱一生恋一世
(love of my life time, falling in love for century)
我也会等你到老
(I will wait for you till I become old)

只想让你知道
(I just want you to know)
放不下也忘不掉
(I can't let you to go, I can't forget)
你的笑你的好
(your smiles, your goodness)
是我温暖的依靠
(your gentleness is what I relay on)

Review.
This is one of dramas, i will watch until the end. 
I really love this one. 
This one reminded me when I watched Princess Pearl original version. 
I know there is going to be tragedy but, i'm looking forward to it.
However, there has been a lot of comparison between this drama and  this other drama named "GONG"
This is similar to this drama about the main girl who goes back in time and falls in love with a prince.
However, I did watch that a bit but none of the character has caught my eye.
Which is why i am surprised that I fell in love with the character of 步步惊心 so quickly!
The character developement in this story is excellent, the main character keeps her original character of cheerfulness but, slowly matures in a well crafted character.
One of the best character, I have seen in a while.

I recommend this.  


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...