love letter from Toothbrush to the 
Bicycle Tire.

They told me that I was meant for the cleaner life - that you would drag me through the mud. They said that you would tread all over me - that they could see right through you - that you were full of hot air that I would always be chasing, always watching you disappear after sleeker models - that it would be a vicious cycle. But I know better I know about your rough edges and I have seen your perfect curves. I will fit into what ever spaces you let me. If loving you means getting dirty…. bring on the grime! I will leave this porcelain home behind. I’m used to twice a day relationships, but with you I’ll take all the time. And I know we live in different worlds and we’re always really busy but in my dreams you spin around me so fast I always wake up dizzy. So, maybe one day you’ll grow tired of the road and roll on back to me and when I blink my eyes into morning, Your smile will be the only one I see.

Written by Sarah Kay


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...